Thursday, October 01, 2009

The Most Important Man in Our Life



Tomorrow (Bahrain time) or today (Malaysia time) is my bapak's 60th birthday. And i feel kinda sad cos we can't be around him to celebrate. My bapak is in kampung, while mak is in Miri. On call duty as Jes, my 3rd sis-in-law is menghitung hari nak bersalin. How i wish the newcomer decides to come out tomorrow. same day with bapak's birthday.

I remember how i was so close with my bapak when i was a little girl. i would cry and complain to him when ever my mak scolded or hit me. tak sakit pun nangis tak ingat. i am the first girl in the family. so mak was a bit strict on taking care of me. supaya tak jadi boyish ikut the abang2. but, i was so small that i didn't get it. i thought my mak tak sayang me like my bapak. pastu suka nyanyi2 lagu 'anak tiri' tu. ala...the one "betapa malang nasibku, semenjak ditinggal ibu...". made my mak lagi marah! hahaha...

And my bapak is the nurturing type, just like my husband with Milan. and me, so very like my mak. bapak would never hit us. paling2 pun marah mulut je. ok, now i feel really sedey! When i was just 5 years old, i used to cry every morning nak follow bapak to school. he was a teacher. so, he brought me along. my dad used to teach at iban community schools. hence, the fluent iban speaking me. our nannies were ibans most of the time.

I remember clearly, i used to hide in the blanket next to him when watching Indonesian horror movies. Cos i was damn scared and next to him is the safest place to be. But, as i grow bigger things change. rasa segan pun ada nak manja with bapak. Until, the day they left Kuching few days after my wedding. i was left with my husband since we were flying Kuching-KL-Bahrain. As he hugged my, i saw tears and as he hugged my husband he whispered "take good care of Carol"...

That's my bapak. i guess i better stop here, jiwaku semakin lemah :(. Happy 60th birthday bapak. Wish you all the happiness in the world, may the good Lord bless you with good health always.

5 comments:

YourFriend said...

ermmm jiwaku pun makin lemah setelah membaca,airmata berlinang...so aku pun terus mengomen.Happy Birthday Bapak!:)God Bless!

Wah!akhirnya ur sis in law pun menunggu masa ya...:)...Another birthday gift to Bapak!

xoxo

CarolRG said...

tua cg jiwa lemah. dlm kenny rogers pun tau berlinangan air mata, haha.

tp mcm ndak sama bday jak...alu bedau terima any news gik.

Hida Naza said...

sedey lah entry tok..sob sob sob

treasurekeeper said...

babe..happy birthday to ur dear father..cherish him while he's still around..go & call him on his b'day..i bet u'll make him smile ear to ear & happy the whole day :)

how i miss my father..i remember when he sent me to UM..i cried when he was abt to leave me. when i turned back at him, i saw he wiped his eyes while putting on his sunglasses.that image stays with me until now just to remind me how much he loved me..*sob sob*

CarolRG said...

No, ya yg aku makin sedey...di kpg mek org sikda line tipon. harap org dr kampung jak call bah. ada la line celcom tp mok station sigek tmpt jak. ku just sms ngan mak ku mun bapak ku ada kol, padah mek org wish nya HB jak riya.

THE PARENTS

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Milan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sophie

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers