Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Of Dreams

Last night i went to bed at 9.30pm. Right after i tucked Milan to sleep. Then, all i remembered was i was at my longhouse, and there's somebody drunk. You see, in my kampung drunken people always fight. So, i was in my cousin's house and the weirdest thing was my late grandma was there too. she doesn't talk obviously. That's how dead people appear in my dream, they don't speak. So, apparently this drunk guy went inside my cousin's house. Everyone ran together except for me. I ran upstairs and tried to hide under a pile of clothes. And i heard footsteps coming closer. My heart thumped. AND.......Milan cried. But, that too appeared in my dream. Quiet Milan, he will find mommy if you make noise. Like how did Milan was hiding with me? Haha...so, i woke up and feel rather thirsty.

I had few common dreams:

A. Dream of my teeth falling out
I hate it when it happens. The last i had this dream was few days back when my wisdom tooth ached. My teeth will somehow easily falling out. Just move my tongue and all the teeth will fall. And i'll spit them out but it seems more are falling. and my hands will be all covered with teeth and blood.

The meanings (source: dreammoods.com)
1) reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you.
2) may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old.
3) fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation.
4) sense of powerlessness
5) In the Greek culture, when you dream about loose, rotten, or missing teeth, it indicates that a family member or close friend is very sick or even near death.
6) according to the Chinese, there is a saying that your teeth will fall out if your are telling lies.

(somehow some of them seems to be true. i keep on worrying how i am so "not marketable" in the future since i now officially a full time housewife for almost 2 years)

B) Difficulty to climb or falling from high places
I'll struggle to climb a ladder, a staircase or a rope. They will somehow look so steep or out of reach.

The falling is the hardest to deal with especially if you wake up because of the "myclonic jerk" when you muscle jerks. It feels like you're gonna die when you reach the ground. but, it never happens. You'll wake up before you even touch the ground.

The meanings:
1) an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties
2) you have lost your foothold and can not hang on or keep up with the hustle and bustle of daily life.
3) a sense of failure or inferiority in some circumstance or situation.

C) Test Dream

Arghhh...i hate this one. In the morning of the test day, i'll be either late or feel unprepared for the test. And, it will always be a test on Mathematics, the one that i'm weak at the most.

The meanings:
1) indicates that you are being put to the test or being scrutinized in some way
2) usually have to do with your self-esteem and confidence or your lack of.
3) worried that you are not making the grade and measuring up to other people's expectations of you.
4) fear of not being accepted, not being prepared, or not being good enough

Well, most of them signal "lack of confidence". Which i have to agree to. My confidence somehow slipped away slowly since i don't see people that much nowadays. Something need to be done. Obviously!

But, my 2nd dream last night was the opposite. I was in my high school. i feel so good but to wake up and realised it was just a dream is not so good. I do miss you at times...Momoe!

2 comments:

Hida Naza said...

variasinya mimpi ko carol..aku jarang mimpi pelik2..sik ada mimpi jak selalu. boring kan.

CarolRG said...

haha...sebab kau sik suka menyesakkan fikiran kali No. aku tok nang banyak berfikir, benda2 yang sik perlu pun mok difikir. ya la sampe mimpi2. hehe

THE PARENTS

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Milan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sophie

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers