Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Birth Stories

While Sophie is asleep and big sister, Milan is being cranky because she is having a nappy rash. And i have been 'prohibited' from carrying her. So, here i am lepaking on the bed. No sitting for too long for me. Kena sound terus.So, kena berbaring-baringan.

I'll try to describe on Sophie's birth stories.

The Beginning
As Sophie was overdue for almost a week, Dr Lee advised that i go for an induce. To avoid any complications and me on the other hand can't stand the swollen ankles. Appointment was set on the 22 Nov. At first i wanted to choose the date. Either 20.11 or 21.11 (Daddy's choice; his birthday is on 21.06). But then i still putting so much hope to deliver my baby without being induced.

Early 22.11 morning around 7.50am, my bro Arthur, mak n bapak accompanied me to the clinic. Mom in law waited there already. VE was done and Dr Lee said i have bigger chance of delivering the baby the normal way, i.e: tak yah caesar ke apa. I didn't know that i was then 2cm dilated. I was then ushered to the maternity ward at 3rd floor. Changed clothes and straight away on pitocin drip at 8.40am. This time, only the drip without the insertion of pill (like Milan's case).

The Contractions
At around 9am i start to feel the mild contractions. Which was bearable. That was when i was facebooking and what not lah kan. Then, at 10am Dr Lee came, VE again and tried to break my water bag. However, he didn't managed to do it since the placenta membrane was too thin already and Sophie's head was too near to the edge. Meaning, if he proceeds to break the waterbag, he could hurt Sophie's head. So, i had to wait for the waterbag to break on its own. At around 11.50am, the contractions became too intense and closer, 2 minutes apart. Again Dr Lee came and did another VE, 6cm dilated. I was "hee...hee..huu"ing already. Too much to take, to me lah kan. Then, at around 12.50pm, i just couldn't open my eyes. My right hand was squeezing my mom's hand and the other hand was grabbing the bed rail. Another VE done, and 6cm still!!! like?!!

The Battle Field
Then, at around 1.30pm, i was already 8cm dilated and being pushed away to the labour room. But, i know i'm not gonna have the baby soon. I don't even have the urge to push. So, lepaklah dlm labour room tu. Around 2.50pm, Dr Lee came and tried to have me to push the baby, i was then too tired. Banyak kali sangat push but Sophie's head was still so high. But the contraction pain was too strong that i thought it might break my pelvic bones apart. I was tossing and turning on the labour bed. Berpeluh2...Dr Lee give me a half an hour break. Just relax he said. Homaigod, i don't know how to 'just relax' at the stage. My breathing was uncontrollable. And it came across my mind that some mothers describe delivering their 2nd baby as "azab" than their first. And i was one of these mothers. Just when i had the urge to push, i tried to push. And yet, nothing was happening. Until, up to one point, i was so frustrated and started to cry. And soon after that, i became a drama mama. Begging for an emergency c-sect. But Dr Lee refused to submit to my silly command, saying that i have great chance of having the baby soon. Then, at 3.40pm, he came again, and this time he really want me to try my very best. "You can't be tired. I know you can do it" he said. Together with 2 nurses, 2 nursing students, Dr Lee really worked hard in assisting me to bring Sophie out. As i pushed, the 2 nurses pushed my belly from top, the 2 nursing students hold my head and shoulder and Dr Lee did what he does best. At some point, i was out of breath. But i took a quick breath and continue to push again. As i feel Sophie's head was half way out, i suddenly have the strength to push harder and out came the head. Another quick breath and long hard push, her shoulder was out. And then, i can hear Sophie's voice. What a great relief!! And soon after that, Dr Lee told me "see, u can do it. Luckily i tak c-sect you. Sayang if u nak c-sect just now".

It's Over
I almost fell asleep after i have checked on Sophie. So very much look like the bigger sister. Only Sophie hair is thicker and darker. Then, Dr Lee continued with the 'ground work'. Taking out the placenta, stitching (the 'best' part) and cleaning the inside. Well, i was too tired to care. I was busy posing with Sophie. Anyway, only little 'damage' was done. Stitching pun tak banyak. Tak macam Milan kena 3rd degree tear kan. Then, Sophie was brought down to the nursery for cleaning and i was pushed back to my room. I thought i was too tired and will fall asleep straight away. Well, i was busy talking with my mom and my mom in law. Then my brothers came. Chit chatting again. Sampai ke sudah tak tido. With Sophie keeps on crying for feeding every single hour.

Oh yeah, in case some of you might wonder. How was Milan coping? On the day itself, i left the house too early, and she was still sleeping. I changed her nappy first then give her milk. Right after i was done changing the nappy, she was awake. So i had to pretend sleeping beside her. Then just when i wanted to make a move, she opened her eyes and gave me the sweetest smile "Mommy..", then get back to sleep. The whole day she was under the good hands of my sister. She did asked "where's Mommy?", and she was told "Mommy works". And she lived with that idea until the next afternoon when i see her. And to entertain her, my sister and cousins brought her to KFC, playgrounds etc. And nobody dares to say "NO" to her. Fearing she might break out and cry and start to look for Mommy.

The first thing she said when she saw me, was "there's Mommy". Then, "Mommy wears socks", hehe. She touched my "not so flat yet" belly few times. Even her cousin asked me "why is your belly still so big? How many baby actually you have?". Eee...laser sungguh mulut budak pompuan kecik tu! LOL!

Well, that's how my experience bringing Sophie to the world. Thanked God for all the great wonders. And now, my duty as "ibu tinggal" has begun and there are two girls to deal with. I can say i am on alert mode, around the clock. Till then...

6 comments:

YourFriend said...

WOOWWWWWWW!

Tiq said...

Amazing ! I'm all watery. Glad everything went well.

Endu Girl said...

SO..amazing...
God bless u n family sayeng...

Embau said...

Aduh....
*jatuh ai mataku*
tumpang gembira..
Kungeret U... :)

Anonymous said...

Wahhh...your story made me feel so bersemangat nak go normal this time. I hope my new gynae is as confident as yours. you are lucky your gynae didn't give up!

CarolRG said...

Dear all; the joy of giving birth :).
Pu3: All the best to you...

THE PARENTS

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Milan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sophie

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers