Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Trial & Error

"Learning doesn't happen from failure itself but rather from analyzing the failure, making a change, and then trying again."

Sophie is my 2nd child and 2nd daughter. And trust me, when they say every child is unique. You can't apply the same method you used for child no1 to no2. Sophie is the opposite of Milan. I have hard time with her. She cried hysterically. And up till now, both me and the father are doing researches (read: googl'ing') on the causes and solutions. Sometimes i just can't help it but to feel sorry for myself. 3 nights in a row, she cried non-stop for at least 15minutes and only stop when she is tired. I was so disappointed. 

Everyday, i tell myself to stay calm and try to be a better mother. I may not one of the best but i'll try.

Got to go, Sophie the Great Princess is up already and she is shrieking.




7 comments:

YourFriend said...

pwetty copie..don't cry!
happy heawwwrttttt like kakak milan!

Tiq said...

Lemme just give you a big HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. I hope everything will be fine soon.

soulsearcher said...

maybe she's colic and no exact way of treating colicky baby. just wait..masuk 4months it'll totally stop.my second baby cry non stop esp during nite time.mcm2 cara dh buat..n..to my surprise the moment she reached 4months she stop crying.Hope this will reduce your anxiety.

CarolRG said...

Endun: happy hoarttt!!!

Tiq: thx dear, that would be nice

Sya: Hi...thx for the comforting words. Btw, u have a blog too? would love to visit urs :)

lin said...

aww,sounds like my little one when she was still newborn. yeah,we suspected she was colicky,and night time crying is a must and it could go on and on.we have a few types of slings to carry her around.walk around the house every night is a must.if i were to measure the distance that we walked around the house during the whole ordeal, it would have been from kuching to sibu,and back,hahaha!do you have a sling?get one that is comfortable for extended usage.my little one stopped crying when she was over 4 months,just like my morning+whole day sickness as well,only got better in the second trimester,hehe.good luck!

Anonymous said...

second child syndrome i call it. i heard if u try skin to skin contact with your colicky baby, it might help.

Dulu when IY cries for no reason, i just take off my shirt and his shirt and put him on chest. he calms down shortly after.

anyway, i hope the phase will go off soon. in the mean time, hang on dear.

CarolRG said...

Hi Lin, yup i guess so too. for the past few days, she was a bit better.And she doesnt like being held with a sling or carrier :(

Pu3: yes, heard that too. I have hard time with 2nd child right from the labor room :P. Thx for the tips

THE PARENTS

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Milan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sophie

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers