Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yes? No?

A woman's life is a little bit complicated than a man's. No hard feelings. Still loving them men. But, don't you think so?

By end of this year, it's gonna be my 4th year being unemployed. I quit my job right before i got married and then went to Bahrain. The plan was to try to find a job there. But then, we were blessed with Milan. When Milan was born, we were still living in Bahrain. Everything was quite manageable. Now, we have 2 children and back in KL. A household with single income living in KL is not easy. Some friends are already offering help to get me a job. I feel blessed for their concerns. We (husband and i) too have been discussing about me going back to work.

I truly understand that being a SAHM is an ultimate job for every woman. Some might say, you should be thankful for having the chance of being one. But what if we have financial commitments? Those SAHMs with home operated business are lucky. But i don't have what it takes to start a home based business. Your truly is not a business-minded person. What if we are to support our parents? Dilemma.

I am so ready to put my business suit back on. I am so ready to have those 9-5, 5 days a week routine. But i am so not ready to put the girls under someone else's care. I am not willing to let go yet. I don't know where and how to start. Anyway, sooner or later i need to make a decision and by then i should know what to do best.

I remembered the heart-to-heart talk me and my beloved sista, years back at Subang Parade, Kenny Roger's. An emotional one. Apparently, we have similar childhood memories. Dads are teachers, moms are homemakers and simple lives. 

Well, we'll see how fast can i learn to let go :)...till then, xoxo

4 comments:

Wedy Reira said...

hmmm nang susah carol. aku pun kadang2 ada rasa maok keja balit but in the same time aku sikmaok tinggalkan rais dengan maid all the time. bila dah jadi housewife tok aku rasa aku maok nangga anak aku growing in front of me. not by the maid or nursery, but in the same time aku rasa boring juak and rasa maok juak kerja...kadang2 rasa otak sik bergerak. aku mala jak maok stat bisnes sendiri tapi sikjuak pandey2 stat.. nang sik pandey bisnes juak hehee...anyway, ko pikir jak lok...pikir masak2...aku faham kau nak nulong dennis juak dalam household bah..lagipun nak merik duit ngan parents juak.. nyalah ya pompuan nang salu dalam dilema...

CarolRG said...

nyalah. but i'll definitely will go back to work. by next year, i hope i can start looking for one and i can convinced dirik mpun boleh trust orang lain jaga anak. susah bah oh...huhu

Deanna said...

I've been thinking abt the same thing after 2 months sik kerja..i have a lil girl turning 3 this mth and another kiddo due soon..sahm is definitely more exhausting than 9-5 job when u dont have maid or helper.. the good side of it u can see your kids growing physically n mentally in front of u which is priceless. dolok working for 6 yrs before the company i worked for having probs so terpaksa resigned. n i'm so used to having my own income which i can do anything with it now when not working with single income in kl mng quite terasa juakla kan.. last time my girl my mil jaga but kesian her sikkan jaga 2 org n she's old already tentu sik larat. n i'm not ready to lepas my kid(s) to some other ppl to tk care..yet...like u definitely i want to go back working but when ya..hv to wait n see..:))

CarolRG said...

Hi Deanna,
Ya lah kmk perasan status fb ktk mcm masak2 di rumah semua. kmk ingat ktk ambik maternity leave awal tek.

Its been a while udah kmk sik kerja and i'm too attached to the kiddos ord. Kmk cuma pernah tinggalkan daknya pg beli brg ajak, like max 3hrs camya. Ya pun tinggal with my mom or MIL.

Dilemma oh...

THE PARENTS

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Milan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sophie

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers