Saturday, April 28, 2012

Handmade Sangat

I first thought of making handmade accessories just for fun. For my girls. Siapa ada baby girls tahulah macam mana rasa nak menghias anak2. And then, rasa macam syok pulak kan. Then, friends start to make orders. There are many ladies out there who are into handmade accessories. Especially, headbands. I did came across this blogshop selling so-called 'handmade' headband for babies. I was quite suprised to see the headbands she claimed was handmade are actually sold everywhere. It is not handmade! Those were headbands yang made in China yang wholesellers jual in bulk tu. Just that this seller attached her label on it. Maybe she is selling it at market price (considering handmade are quite pricey, errrr..because it is not mass produced). But, still the term 'handmade' is being misused. Memamglah handmade jugak, by the chinese from China. But, generally when we say handmade, it means we made it ourselves kan? I do sell some accessories too. Non handmade. But, i do make sure that i highlighted that they are not handmade by me. Personalised ribbon yang i order pun ntah apa khabar beritanya. E-mail tak berbalas. I request friend dkt fb pun tak accept. Nasiblah i jumpa dia sorang je yang print personalised ribbon untuk small scale. For bigger scale, say minimum order 500yards, you can easily find. And they are easy to deal with. As for now, I have yet to put any label on my handmades. Still thinking on ways to differentiate mine from others out there.

No comments:

THE PARENTS

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Milan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sophie

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers