Sunday, April 01, 2012

Tomato Susu

I've been thinking of weaning Sophie off breastfeeding for months already. Yes, it is advisable that your baby is breastfed for 2 years. But then again, i think we might as well stop earlier.

I've tried coffee. Nah, she wasn't bothered at all. And Sophie loves to eat. So, it is quite difficult for me to tell what type of food that she doesn't like. Until today.

After church, we were thinking of places to have lunch. It was already 1pm. Kids are hungry. The parents too, of course. And i made a super great mistake by promising Milan to take her to playground. Then, i realised none of us are wearing socks. So, Kizsports is a no-no. Not today, at least.

Then, the next choice is to check Citta Mall out. Nothing much to write about that community mall. Most units are unoccupied yet. For the love of quarter pounder, i suggested McDonalds. That was where Sophie tasted her first tomato ketchup and hated it.

A bulb appeared in my mind. Maybe i should try tomato ketchup to wean her? Back home, she keeps on bothering me when i started to do something. Pantang baring je, nak menyusu. Duduk tengah hadap laptop, dia selak baju. Not so much of breastfeeding actually. It work like pacifier for her. Thirsty, boobies. Bored, boobies. Cried, boobies. Boobies, boobies, boobies and boobies. Then, i went to the kitchen and put some tomato ketchup on 'you-know-where' and as soon as she tasted it, she backed off. She just stared and might be wondering, why is it tastes horrible now?

Then, i asked her to try the other one. She said no. By now, it's been more or less, 8 hours. She was off breastfeeding. Am i feeling happy? It looks like it's working.

Boy, i was so wrong. I feel so sad. I miss her so much. The bond. Me and her time. I Am actually crying writing this. I think we'll breastfeeding again tomorrow. I hope she still wants them.

All these makes me realised, I am not ready for a lot of things. I wasn't ready to let Milan goes to school and now, not ready to wean off Sophie. I am such a clingy Mom!

1 comment:

Puteri said...

Aren't we all (clingy)?

THE PARENTS

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Milan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sophie

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers