Friday, April 13, 2012

What About Now?

Saw a friend's fb status this morning. It was about how she might think her 3yo is a slow learner. Truthfully, we MIGHT think our kids are slower than others. With the current lifestyle and trend of sending your kids to learning centres as early as possible. My 3y3mos is not attending any yet. She is 'learning' mostly from DJNR shows. And suprisingly, that 'taught' her a lot. She can speak good english. Tak, saya tak bangga dengan itu. Sbb tu i don't like posting those things in FB. Like it or not, some parents akan rasa terasa and sedikit sebanyak pressured.

I believe in self learning, at their own pace. I don't like rushing things with my kids. No pressure. Do whatever you want. As long as tak kacau orang. Tak rude with the elders.

And even though some kids nampak smart, semua barang pandai. There are some fields yg diaorg tak master lagi. Their brain is designed to know simple things, suits their age. I guess. Maybe dia Panda shapes, colours etc..but motor skills?

So, i think macam tak payah risau lah kot. Like most kids yang hantar anak2 to school early pun sebab both parents kerja. Daripada duduk nursery tak belajar sangat, better hantar to playschool ye tak? Again, my 2 cents lah kan.

Like myself, got good results in all the national exams. Then, i used to dream to live in New York. That was my motivation when i was sitting for my SPM. Then, look at me now. I have no job. Let alone a career. Tiba2 rasa macam loser! Haha. Anyway, it was all my own decision and yeah, mungkin ada sedikit kekesalan di situ.

2 comments:

Puteri said...

Eh jangan la rasa loser..raising your own kids 24/7 is a satisfaction yang sangat berbaloi.

Speaking of the topic, yup we can't help ourselves comparing our kids with others. I hate to admit, deep down inside sometimes I feel the same bila anak orang dah boleh itu ini but IY tak buat pun? But later I need to slap my face and see the things that IY CAN do..why focus on what he CAN'T?

After all, they are only 3, for God's sake. Kan?

CarolRG said...

For a moment memang akan cuak bila compare our kids with others kan? Tapi, fikir2 balik, well it doesn't really matter pun. Tak mo kasi them stress. Still so kecik :)

THE PARENTS

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Milan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sophie

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers