Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Self Satisfaction

We went to a friend's daughter birthday party last Saturday. Macam biasalah, if dah jumpa. Salam2, laga2 pipi and what not kan. Among all, i am the only SAHM. So, another friend asked "u kerja mana sekarang ek?". I replied "i kerja dekat rumah". "Wow, bestnya. U ambiklah i kerja dengan u. Jadi driver ke". Hahahaha...funny Afti. I told her "alah, u boleh je kalau nak duduk rumah je pun". Dia cakap she gave up staying at home.

Yes, not all of us mothers can stand the SAHM routine. Honestly, me too. There are days, i find myself browsing through jobstreet or jobsarawak.com. I started to make handmade items pun sebab macam dah tak tau nak buat apa duduk rumah. Of course la kena menghadap anak2, buat kerja around the house....around the clock. But the best thing is, if rasa cam "M", tak yah la buat apa2. Takda nak kena report dekat siapa2 pun. 

But dari segi income, memanglah takda. Like some friends yang teringin nak jadi SAHM tapi nak tunggu husband boleh bagi allowance sama macam monthly salary. Fuh...well, i don't get that much. That's why i can afford to be a SAHM. Living in KL with single income and 2 kids, what my husband gave me as monthly allowance is good enough. And the handmade yang i buat pun bukanlah untuk generate income sangat. It is more like a hobby and my interest. So, takda pressure if takda orang beli ke apa. Sebab memang seronok buat. Kalau ada orang beli, lagi super seronok. 

Ada jugak some SAHM friends yang sentap sebab ada some people look down on full time housewife ni. Well for me, i tak ambik 'port' dengan kata2 orang. I do what i feel like doing. As long as i tak menyusahkan orang. I will go back to working in the future. In the meantime, i'll just enjoy my SAHM life with my kids. 

Everytime i am done with my handmade, i'll take my camera and start shooting. And everytime i am done with that, ada perasaan puas hati. I am doing two things that i actually love doing. Handicrafts and photography. With that, i smile. Self satisfaction. Like they said, 'ko ada?'. Just kidding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish kita pandai buat apa2 utk jual. I'm just done with the corporate life! But reality bites when it comes to living in a single income family.

Kita join force dengan awak la..business sama2!! Kita buat marketing, operations and account..awak buat barang je.
Haha...berangan!! Dulu berangan dengan Jae berhenti keje bukak nursery. Jaga anak sendiri & anak orang. Sekarang berangan dgn awak plak! LOL!

CarolRG said...

As per our whatsapps, hehe. We'll discuss further in the future.

THE PARENTS

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Milan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sophie

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers